Saturday, January 31, 2009

New water heater?




OK, so I defiantly need a new water heater. I have put it off as long as I can, but with getting my taxes now is the time. It will not wait another year. It leaks and my water bill has gone up about $10 a month, which is a lot. Anyway, so searching the web I have found a few options. I think I am going to have to go with Lowe's and let them install it.



Well I have a 40 gal. water heater now so I assume that will be fine. The are about $400, don't know how much they are to install.



So here is the question. I know that they will charge me for "removal" of my old one. So I know they will take it and just recycle it. It has lots of aluminum and some copper pipes I am sure. Why should I pay for them to remove it and then they get money for recycling it too? Does not make much since. But how hard is it to pull the thing apart and do the recycling for myself? That is what I would like to know.




I know the thing looks bad, but don't hold it against me. I still have hot water every morning and it is just old.

1 comment:

  1. You need to get a tankless water heater. You'll save alot of money on energy costs and they aren't so unsightly.

    ReplyDelete