Tuesday, January 13, 2009

American!!!

Tonight I was watching American Idol. Don't we all wish we could sing?

When I was 18 I had my son. He was so sweet. The cutest baby ever. Still is in my world. Anyway, being so young and not having your typical childhood I did not know a lot of lulibies.

Well when I was in 7th grade my dad insisted that I played some sport. Basketball, that is his sport. So I did, well I may not have been very good but they let me play guard, on varsity no doubt. Anyway, the point is on the bus to different schools the other girls would sing. I did not listen to very much music so I did not know very many songs. One that they sung a lot was SuperWoman by Karyn White. Well I learned the song, every word.

So when my son was born he was not the kind of kid that went to sleep with lullabies or a pacifier. So I tried my favorite song from when I was on that bus long ago. SuperWoman. I would sing and sing and he loved it. He always fell asleep to that song.

Life goes on but that is still one of my favorite songs. Tonight listening to American Idol I thought of that song. I actually sang it with all my heart. Yeah still would not make it on the show, but once 15 years ago someone enjoyed it as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I loved that song! My daughter's fav song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, but she dances like a crazed monkey to anything!

    ReplyDelete