Monday, January 5, 2009

In your Neigborhood

I went back to work today and man it was hard to remember all the things I do. And keep up with everyone. Sometimes my work can be rewarding. Most the time I just see things that are very upsetting.

I think most people know of www.familywatchdog.us which is a website dedicated to registered sex offenders. Sometimes it is interesting to type in your address or your family and friends address and see who lives around you. The first time I did I remember thinking there could not be that many sex offenders out there. But I can tell you with my job ~ there are. :(

The one site I did not know about is www.felonspy.com you can type your address in there and it will show the felons around you. Since you are not required to register as a felon (unless you are still on probation/ parole) I would think it does not catch everyone around you ~ but knowing some of them is better than none. That does not make them all bad people, some people reform. But it never hurts to know what goes on around you.

Seems like a bad note to leave on. So let me just say this. I know people can change. People you have know all your life can become addicted to drugs and turn in to very bad people. People who have been on drugs and just lived a life of hell can go to prison and realize that is not the life for them and change. Let us just hope that more people change for the good than the bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment