Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Worlds best Grandma!!!

Well I know I have said before someday you will hear me speak of my Grandma on here. Today is the first of many. I love my Grandma. The best woman to ever grace this earth with her presence. Though would not have seen it that way.
Is there anyone in your life that you think of and cry? Whether the are still alive or long in the past? Well I can tell you there is only one person in my life. My Grandma was the best person ever. This is kinda a sad funny story that I don't even know if my brother and sister know about me. But you will think I am a brat when it is over, as I think of myself.
When I was younger like 9 or 10 or who knows, it is all a blur. I was a brat (bet you have not figured that out by now). Anyway, I don't know what I did that day that had upset my Grandma but something had. She was not happy with me.
The next scene begins with Grandma feeling bad that she was mad, she was in the kitchen making cookies for our family. So I go into the kitchen to annoy the hell out of her because I am not aloud to go out because I am in trouble. I know how this works, my son does it to me all the time and I usually give in to get him the hell out of my hair. She is trying really hard not to let me get to her, I can tell that now.
So she is making chocolate chip cookies from scratch. Well, she is trying to cheer me up and cracks an egg on my head, you know how you would crack it on the counter or something, not at all getting it on me. Just trying to make me laugh.
Brat that I am starts screaming "child abuse, child abuse, I can't believe you attacked me with an egg. I am going to call the police and tell them!!!" I don' t know if she thought I was crazy or if she thought I would never do it. So she says, "Go ahead".
Well I rush into the other room and call the police. Not 10 minutes later a patrol car shows up in the drive way. I rush out the door to tell the police what a awful person she was. Grandma stays in the house taking her cookies out the oven. So I can tell my side of the story.
I proceed to tell him the horrible things that she had done to me.
He looks at me, tells me how lucky I am to have such a Grandma and lectures me on what a brat I am. Well at the time I was outraged. Guess what.
Grandma comes out the house tells him that I am just upset and is sorry that I bothered him. I think he told her I was a brat.
I will never forget that day. What a sad little person I was. Grandma was sticking up for me and the whole time I had been a brat.
I learned a lot that day. Things I still carry with me. I know you may not see the funny in this story, but if you were me you would. See looking back I think it is funny that the policeman did not take me away. Sad thing is that I think that was Grandmas biggest fear.
I wish everyone could have had the Grandma that I had, because I know I still would have been just as special to her. She had the biggest heart ever.
I started this blog for other reasons, but I really enjoy just putting my memories to print. It heals me in ways that I would never have guessed.
So to Grandma, I love you, miss you and think of you daily!!(really I do).

1 comment:

  1. I remember the egg. Funny. We are all better people because of her.

    ReplyDelete