Saturday, January 3, 2009

Don't ask me how I know!

OK, so today Bobby and I were going to the store and this song came on. "Don't ask me how I know", by Bobby Pinson. I have heard it before and I really like it. So as I was sitting down to do my blog I looked it up so I could hear it again. I added it to my blog so you could enjoy it with me.

Man, do you ever get the feeling that someone else knows how you feel? This is one of those songs. I love his voice and all the things he talks about. This song will make you sit back and think. Bobby use to play football, Grandma calling and me getting off the phone in a hurry, Grandpa (my dad, but I usually call him grandpa now because of Bobby) having surgery and taking Bobby up at Christmas to make sure he sees his family, never saying sorry when I should. Mostly just that Pride gets in the way more than it should. I mean there has to be a reason I am still single at 33 other than me, LOL!!!

Some of my all time favorites are "Another six-pack summer" by Phil Vassar; "That's why I'm here" by Kenny Chesney; Almost anything Kid Rock; "Cleaning this gun" by Rodney Adkins and a few I will add along the way. So I hope you enjoy my music and if you have any others you think I would like ~ just let me know, I love to have your opinion.

But until then here are the lyrics to Don't ask me how I know so you can sing along~~~

Don’t ride your bike off a ramp that’s more than three bricks high
Don’t take that candy from the store if you ain’t got the dime
Don’t pick a fight with a little guy that doesn’t talk that much
Don’t pick up a cherrybomb thinkin’ it’s a dud
And don’t sneak out of a 2 story house usin’ bed sheets for a rope
Don’t ask me how I know

(Chorus:)
Sell your truck while it’s still runnin’, save the Jesus off the dash
Say a prayer when you feel like cussin’, save your money - pay with cash
Forget your pride, buy the roses, if you’re sorry tell her so
Don’t drink the water in Mexico
Don’t ask me how I know

Don’t quit your high school football team halfway through the season
Don’t bust your buddy in the nose when you know he didn’t mean it
Don’t lose a girl you love at home for a night in Panama City
Don’t rush off the phone when your Mama calls - you ain’t that busy
Ya oughta make that drive to say goodbye to your grampa ‘fore he goes
Don’t ask me how I know

(Chorus)

Forget your pride buy the roses, if you love her tell her so,
Don’t go to Vegas with your heart broke,
Don’t bum your cousin for that first smoke
I'm tellin' ya, don't drink the water in Mexico
Don't ask me how I know
Don't ask me how I know
I just know

sell your truck while it's still runnin', say a prayer when you feel like cussin'
I know,

No comments:

Post a Comment