Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still about Pius!



Well talking about my dad brought back lots of memories. I love the pictures I have of him and Bobby. Bobby HATES the Ferris wheel but the deal was if grandpa goes on the ride that was pictured in my last blog then Bobby had to go on the Ferris wheel. He does not look very scared in this picture, but he was. What a handsome boy he is at 11. Grandpa loves Bobby which you can certainly tell in this picture. I really did have a great day so many years ago with them.












This is Bobby and I in the same bucket on the Ferris wheel. He was still scared but looked quite dashing. Now he is bigger than I am by at least 3 inches now.




Most of all I love that Grandpa rode that "bull". He makes me laugh to this day about that. Can you believe he took the man working the bull's hat? Of course you could if you knew him. He just took his hat and sat his aside like it was part of the ride, LOL.

See, here is the man before Grandpa jacked him of his hat. By the end of the ride I think that man was wearing Dads hat.



Well Pops still makes me laugh. We have had our share of days we don't get along. But looking at pictures of him on the bull it will always remind me of the song (which is on my blog) "This ain't my first rodeo"!!




Well Pops you may not know it but you are a great inspiration in my life. Thanks for all you do and even the things you taught me I did not want to learn.

Oh, by the way he is a teacher and was Bobby's first substitute teacher. That is for another day. But let me just tell you, he had already spoiled Bobby so Bobby though he could do whatever he liked. I will tell you that story someday but not now, I will say it ended with other teachers telling me they had to come into the classroom to settle it down.

Love you Pops, tell Kathy Hi, and thanks for loving you!! ~ ME

No comments:

Post a Comment