Friday, January 30, 2009

I can do this! Taxes.

So I did my taxes tonight. I am one of "those" people who love doing my taxes. Must be because I am poor. Anyway - I think this is my best year ever. Really, more back than I expected. But that does not really matter.
Here is what I am thinking. Why is it that every February I have Christmas when I should have had it in December? Well the good part of that is all the WII's are back in stock and I can afford it. Not to mention this year I think I may get a little chunk of child support to boost my taxes. Don't I always say I love America?
Here is the thing. Most people run out to tax preparers. They charge you at least $100 and who could not use an extra $100 in this economy? And you get it back just as fast if you do it yourself or have someone else do it for you!! Which if everything is all complicated I think is a good idea to have a professional do it, but if you are just an average person like me trying to make it in the world, then why pay someone to do what you can do for yourself?
I like to go to www.irs.gov on the left side is a link to free file. If you are new to this, click 'help me find a company' ~ I like TaxAct but I think they are all good. Anyway, it will find you a link to file for free if you are within the guidelines. Just remember in some states you have to e-file your state taxes at the same time you file your federal taxes. If you do not you will have to mail your state taxes. No big deal if you make the mistake just a week or two to get your return.
So good luck. Make sure to print out your returns and if it all confuses you, go ahead and have them done, better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment