Friday, January 23, 2009

Bad Day!

Have you ever had that day at work where you just give up? Well mine came on Thursday. It started out bad, I do the docket and there were mistakes in there. I hate making mistakes. The problem is I could blame them on someone else but the ultimate fault was mine. I always take the blame when I have the any fault. Which you may not believe. But some guy went to jail, really not my fault but who's fault it was did not own up to it. Anyway, I fixed it later without blaming the person who's shoulders it fell on, which by the way felt no regret, or at least showed none. Anyway the rest of the day was shot.

So then you think it can not get worse than that. It does. Today the cutest little boy had to testify. I will just say I have made it a point not to pay attention to the cases that we do because if I did I would probably never get up in the morning. Anyway, this boy was about 7, cute and tiny. He had this little lisp in his voice, said the cutest things. After all he had been through most kids are not as sweet and happy. He tore at my heart from the moment he opened his mouth. I will just say that I see these kids all the time. Yes, my heart goes out to all of them, but this one broke my heart.

Then my heart broke even more. He was even more the "little man", never cried and said what he had to say. Man, what a day, and I did not even have to go through what he had gone through.
Where do these crazy people come from? To hurt a little boy. You would think I would hate my job even more. But in that moment I realized it was worth all the heartbreak and drama. If just one sick person never sees the streets again then it is worth it.

Now don't think I am just some lock them up kind of person. Sure the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. But I will end this with saying the defendant made a full confession to the police when he was arrested. I know some think the police may have beat it out of him. But let me also say the little boy did not have a mean bone in his body. He was only sorry he had to tell and the defendant was in trouble.

Godspeed all his love to that little boy and God bless all our children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment