Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Orange you glad you used Clairol?


So I decided to go back to being a blond. Which I have been since I discover hair bleach. About 2 months ago I went brown/red. Only because my little niece, Bethanny, is so cute as a brunette. Well that did not really work out for me, but I stuck it out for a few months. So with the new year coming and I have been off work for a while I decided now would be the time to change my hair in case it really looked bad. Well guess what, I was right. First I used a blond kit, it did nothing at all to my hair. So I went out and got a "blue" blond Ultra for my hair. My hair is orange. You can not really tell in the pictures I took for you. Bob says it is yellow, which only reminds me of Cabbage Patch dolls with yellow yarn hair for blond. But it also reminds me of my Cabbage Patch dolls which had "red" hair which was red yarn. I guess I will work with it more before I go back to work ~ but for now, and going into the new year ~ I will be orange.
I thought my hair was darker than my Brussels Griffon, Shadow. But once again Bob says it is lighter. Well in the first picture I am holding Shadow and I would say my hair is darker.
As for the new year I have a memory I want to share with everyone. When I was 15, as my son is now, I remember sitting in the living room of my Grandmothers home. It was New Years Eve and I wanted to go somewhere with my friends but I did not want to disappoint my Grandmother. So instead I played cards with her all night thinking how nice I was to spend time with an old lady instead of going out with my friends.
Guess what, that is one of my favorite memories of her. Thinking now like a parent I think what would a kid be worrying about New Years Eve at only 15. But then I was certain I was the best grand kid ever. My brother was off with his friends and my sister was away in college . I am glad I spent that New Years Eve with her. We played Gin and I don't even remember who won. Just that the whole time I was worried that I could be having fun somewhere else.
I am thankful of all my memories of my Grandma which I will probably share with you in the future for she is my guiding light, the person I think about most.
~Until next year ~ Dorsa!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment